Pages

Welcome, friend!

Welcome! I’m so happy you’re here – a place all about the little things that fill my cup each day.

Along with a morning dose of coffee, our cups are filled with the adventures of life. While it’s not always the adventure we planned for, I believe there is something good in every ounce of our cups. We have a cup for a reason, and focusing on the little things we often look past can actually make a big difference in all areas of our lives. Whether it’s a good conversation, a relaxing run, a fabulous find, or just a delicious cup of coffee, here’s to finding the daily sunshine to fill your cup!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fill Your Cup with...a Reminder!

Hello, hello! It has been a busy past few days, hence my absent presence here. So many things are going on right now that I've felt a little overwhelmed this week. It's natural to have moments of uncertainty and feelings of nervousness -- we're human! But, there are simple reminders in our daily lives that let us know everything is going to be okay, and I had one of those moments that has definitely reminded me of how full my cup is!

I was fortunate enough to visit Joe this past weekend! We all know how difficult being away from loved ones can be, so when we get to spend time together, it's so special! This weekend was even more wonderful because we got an extra day together thanks to the 3-day weekend, but this also made saying goodbye even harder than usual! While we've been in a long-distance relationship for over 2 years now and know being apart won't last forever, I still get sad when our time together comes to an end. This being said, I was feeling a little uneasy all-together about how I was going to handle everything I knew I had to be prepared for this week. I woke up Tuesday morning and just needed something to help me get with it. As I was getting ready for work, I picked out a dress that I hadn't worn in a while.  In fact, the last time I wore it was when Joe and I exchanged our Christmas presents. I didn't remember this at the moment I picked it out, but when I laid the dress out to start getting ready, I found the thing I needed to help me get with it -- a bow that Joe used to wrap one of my presents!

                             Displaying photo.JPG

It was such a little thing, but it immediately made me smile and gave me a reminder I needed. A reminder that love is all around, even when we aren't physically able to be with the people we love. A reminder that no matter how long the to-do list is or how unsure we're feeling about something, everything is going to be just fine. A reminder to cherish the little things in life...because they really are important and can make a big difference. A reminder that even though we may not always understand it, everything happens for a reason. A reminder that life is a gift, so challenges and all, there is something good in every day!

I don't know how this little bow that Joe used for my Christmas present got on my dress and stayed on it for over a month, but I know it was there for the simple reminder I needed that my cup is so full. Whether it's a picture, little note, something in nature, an article of clothing, talking to someone, or just the opportunity of waking up each morning, I hope you're able to find little reminders all around you that make your days brighter and hearts happier! It's amazing how we're reminded about how full our cups are just when we need it :)

May your cup always be filled with happiness, joy, and love!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment