Pages

Welcome, friend!

Welcome! I’m so happy you’re here – a place all about the little things that fill my cup each day.

Along with a morning dose of coffee, our cups are filled with the adventures of life. While it’s not always the adventure we planned for, I believe there is something good in every ounce of our cups. We have a cup for a reason, and focusing on the little things we often look past can actually make a big difference in all areas of our lives. Whether it’s a good conversation, a relaxing run, a fabulous find, or just a delicious cup of coffee, here’s to finding the daily sunshine to fill your cup!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Fill Your Cup with...a New Seat!

Happy Monday! It's the start of a new week, and I hope you were able to refill your cup this weekend with some relaxation and sunshine! My experience at church Sunday morning has done enough to already fill my cup to the rim!

Since I travel frequently on the weekends to visit Joe, my family, or friends for celebratory occasions, I don't get to attend church in Fayetteville as much as I'd like to.  When I am able to go, I'm a creature of habit and sit in the same spot in the back. So, when I arrived at church and saw my usual seat was taken, I started feeling a little uneasy about having to sit somewhere new. I looked around for an open seat close by, but there wasn't one in sight. I hesitantly started making my way to the front, feeling very unsure about having to sit by myself in front of so many people. I passed about 10 pews with still no luck, and then at the third row from the front, I found a spot! I first asked a few people around me if that seat was taken, and they replied with, "Yes, it's for you!" That response immediately made me feel better, and as soon as I sat down, conversations with 4 different families around me started happening. It was like that spot had been my seat for as long as I've been attending there, and as the service started, I felt happy that my usual spot had been taken so I could venture out and have new experiences with new people...all that filled my cup.

So wherever you are, whether it's in church, at a work meeting, a volunteer event, or in a class this semester, break out of your habit and take a new seat -- it will be different, but it will fill your cup with new things you wouldn't even know about if you stay in the same place!

May your cup always be filled with happiness, joy, and love!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment