Pages

Welcome, friend!

Welcome! I’m so happy you’re here – a place all about the little things that fill my cup each day.

Along with a morning dose of coffee, our cups are filled with the adventures of life. While it’s not always the adventure we planned for, I believe there is something good in every ounce of our cups. We have a cup for a reason, and focusing on the little things we often look past can actually make a big difference in all areas of our lives. Whether it’s a good conversation, a relaxing run, a fabulous find, or just a delicious cup of coffee, here’s to finding the daily sunshine to fill your cup!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fill Your Cup with...a Compliment!

Hello, Wednesday! If you feel like you're having a hard time getting back in the swing of things after the holiday, snow days, start of a new year, or just because it's the middle of the week...you're not alone! Things are back in full force with school and work in my life, which is providing me with multiple things that fill my cup, but I've still been feeling a little out of it as far as getting back on track goes.

One thing I thought would help me with getting things in order was returning a few holiday purchases that didn't work out. While I wasn't too excited about having to brave the mall crowd, I endured the adventure and am so happy I did because I had a very rewarding experience.

The cashier who was accepting my return was actually the one who checked me out when I bought the items. We both remembered each other and started talking about the holidays and how our year had started off. The pleasant conversation was enough to fill my cup from my trip to the mall, but the cashier ended my experience with something that filled my cup to the rim! He asked me how old I was (which is always something I'm not sure is a good question or not J), but as I replied with my age, he said, "You seem very professional."

My simple thank you to him was not enough to express the feelings his little compliment gave me. I have been smiling ever since that moment, and it's because those words from a stranger gave me the boost of reassurance I needed to know that regardless of how I feel things are going...I've got this!

So if you're feeling like I've been, know that you've got this too! We're making it just fine, and we can remind each other of that through kind words. Share a compliment today, and see how it makes you feel! It can completely change someone's outlook on life, brighten their day, and make them pass on that good feeling you gave them to someone else, too! Everyone's cups would be filled this way, which is a rewarding experience for us all J

May your cup always be filled with happiness, joy, and love!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment