Pages

Welcome, friend!

Welcome! I’m so happy you’re here – a place all about the little things that fill my cup each day.

Along with a morning dose of coffee, our cups are filled with the adventures of life. While it’s not always the adventure we planned for, I believe there is something good in every ounce of our cups. We have a cup for a reason, and focusing on the little things we often look past can actually make a big difference in all areas of our lives. Whether it’s a good conversation, a relaxing run, a fabulous find, or just a delicious cup of coffee, here’s to finding the daily sunshine to fill your cup!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fill Your Cup with...a little bit of Fear!

Well, hello! It's no surprise when I say it's been a while, but I'm wholeheartedly back and ready to continue sharing the little happies of life that fill my cup!

To move forward with this, I've had to be honest with myself about why I neglected it for so long. Starting this blog was a dream and fear of mine at the same time. Over the past few months, I've had many things that have filled my cup every day, but because of the lack of time I've had to contribute to sharing my cup-filling moments with you, that fear has grown into a feeling of failure. You may feel this way about some things, too -- you've started a new experience, you're excited, it's going fantastic, and then...well, life happens and you have to decide how this new experience fits into all of it. When this happens to me and I let it fall under other things, that small fear of starting something new becomes scarier and scarier...and then I just stop. But, not anymore, and you don't have to either!

Life is busy, but it's also too short to live with thoughts of "what if" and regrets because we're scared. A quote that comes to mind when I think about this is from the movie Chasing Liberty with Mandy Moore (now considered an oldie, I'm sure, but definitely a goodie J), when she said: "The things you're scared of are usually the most worthwhile" -- and isn't this so true after we actually conquer a fear? 

While we feel fear for different reasons (and we need to listen to what our gut instinct is about that feeling), if it's something we know is happening because we're honestly scared, then what good are we really doing ourselves? Whether it's applying for a new job, starting a conversation with a new person, moving to a new place, trying out a new hobby -- the list could go on and on -- I think it's good to be a little afraid every now and then. That tells me we're passionate about what it is, and while things may not work out the way we originally hoped (because I know there's really no possible way I can post on my blog every day J), life is about knowing that we're living it every day to the fullest. And taking on that feeling of fear will help us do just that! 

May your cup always be filled with happiness, joy, and love (and a little bit of fear, too)!

Anna 



No comments:

Post a Comment