Pages

Welcome, friend!

Welcome! I’m so happy you’re here – a place all about the little things that fill my cup each day.

Along with a morning dose of coffee, our cups are filled with the adventures of life. While it’s not always the adventure we planned for, I believe there is something good in every ounce of our cups. We have a cup for a reason, and focusing on the little things we often look past can actually make a big difference in all areas of our lives. Whether it’s a good conversation, a relaxing run, a fabulous find, or just a delicious cup of coffee, here’s to finding the daily sunshine to fill your cup!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fill Your Cup with...a Smile!

If the weekend isn't enough to give you a smile, this post definitely will (with a possible happy tear to your eye, too)! While perusing Facebook during some downtime, I found a story that touched my heart. You may have seen it yourself because it's been pretty popular this past week, but when I found what I'm sharing with you today, it made me love the story even more!

So without further adieu, here's a smile to fill your cup on this Saturday!

Colin, a young boy from Michigan, was diagnosed with a disability similar to Asperger's syndrome. When his mom asked him who he wanted to invite to his 11th birthday, he told his mom he had no friends to invite. When EIU Pikes heard Colin's story about being bullied in school for his disability, they took matters into their own hands by sending him a birthday check and this letter. Way to go guys! #ProudPike Find out more about Colin's story here: http://dailym.ai/LS12L4

*Story and photo credit given to The Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity Facebook Page

Having worked for my sorority, I'm a huge proponent of Greek organizations and their efforts to make a difference in the world. This specific instance is particularly special because Joe is a Pike, so we enjoyed sharing this smile together!

This story shows me how easy it is to make a difference every day. Something as simple as writing a happy note on someone's Facebook wall may start a chain reaction to change the world. The note the Pike chapter wrote to Colin even inspires me, so just think of all the peoples' cups we can fill by a simple act of kindness J

May your cup always be filled with happiness, joy, and love!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment